Thursday, November 09, 2006

November 9th - Fate, God, Cosmic Intervention - You Decide

I am a person who believes that God speaks to me in very subtle ways. I leave a lot of my important decisions to research combined with intuition (I like to think my feelings about things are influenced by God). I like to think things happen for a reason, although I may not understand the reason.

Take the way that Sawyer entered our home, for instance. We're playing at the playground with our neighbor Kim and her daughters Gracey and Tayla (actually, Tayla wasn't playing much - she's only a couple months old - she was mostly sitting in the stroller looking cute). Anyway, Sawyer comes out of the field behind our street and goes right to Abby. How did he know that Abby was our animal lover? Why did he choose her over the rest of us at the park? When he eventually followed Abby home (despite my shooing), I felt a little tug from God. But then he was gone for the rest of the evening. When he tried to climb into the car to go to work with Mark the next morning, the tug was stronger. And when he didn't leave our porch for hours, I felt this union just might be a good idea.

Today, at the same playground, I noticed a piece of trash in the bushes, the same bushes that Sawyer had emerged from just 2 weeks ago. Not being one to leave trash around, I went over and picked up a leaflet. "Professional Residential Cleaning by Sherry - Call today!!" the leaflet read.

Could God be speaking to me again? Maybe Mark and I need to have a talk tonight... ;)

5 comments:

Gwen said...

OHHH......Can I find that too??? Please???

Grace said...

If it's Sherry Ward, I can give you a reference. My boss has a Sherry Ward that cleans her house and has for quite a few years now.

Anonymous said...

Is this like Steve Martin listening to the sign in "LA Story"? You're going to talk to the bush whenever you feel the need to get a message from God?

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that God's not pushing us to get a cleaning service... just a guess.

Trista said...

Marky....

pretty please with Spic-n-span on top?

Who are you to interfere with what God wants me to do?

teehee!

Jennifer said...

I truly believe that getting a house cleaning service would definitely be a grace in the life of every couple with young children. As we can't afford said service, we are embarking on a half-day of babysitting every weekend so that we can get on a consistent cleaning schedule. I'll let you know how that works out.