Saturday, November 25, 2006

November 25th - 'Twas The Month Before Christmas

Ah, the Christmas season is here.

Time for Christmas music (love it!)
and Christmas tree chopping (love it!)
and Christmas lights (love it!)
and Christmas decorations (love it!)
and Advent (love it!)
and Christmas parties (love it!)
and Christmas food (love it!)

and Christmas shopping (chirp, chirp)

I don't love the shopping so much.

I love the picking out of the gifts
but I don't love the driving around (hate it!)
and wrapping (hate it!)
and shipping (hate it most of all!)

I have deemed this the year of the cyber-gift -or- the year of the gift card. Whenever possible, I am ordering online or buying a gift card and calling it done.

I have already gone online and purchased Christmas gifts for all of our nieces and nephews in Florida. I paid for wrapping. And they will be shipped directly to their houses. No trips to the post office for me, no sirree! Such a relief!!

My older nieces and nephews are either going to provide me with a specific item to purchase (online, of course, to be shipped directly to their house) or they will be getting a gift card to their favorite store (which is presumably what most teenagers really want, anyway). I am not going to stress out about gift-buying this year. And I WILL be done shopping by December first, come heck or high water. ;)

This year, Advent will be mine to enjoy sipping hot cider or cocoa after playing in the snow with the kids, or singing carols by the fire, or lazily decorating the Christmas tree. The thought of it makes me grin from ear to ear!

Merry Christmas season to all, and to all a good night!!

6 comments:

Mark said...

Woohoo! I think this is going to be a great holiday season!

Becky K said...

Online shopping has been my saving grace many times... Especially with my work schedule!! There's nothing quite like hitting Toys R Us at 3 am in my pajamas! Not only that, but it comes sealed in a non-see through box that negates a need for hiding space!

the quists said...

That is the cutest post! I have to agree with you on shopping, it isn't much fun when everyone is grumpy...I like online much better too. Sooooo, enjoy your happy Christmas moments with your family :)

Jenny said...

I'm glad to see we are on the same page. I have already claimed the advent season as my own this year, but I'm always willing to share with such a great friend. Enjoy!!

Jennifer said...

I enjoy shopping, but being able to supplement physical shopping with cyber shopping is wonderful.

I could be done by the end of the week myself, if I knew what the theme was. hint, hint...

Anonymous said...

Hehe, did my Amazon gifts to you guys last year spark inspiration or something? ;)

-Mike