Monday, November 27, 2006

November 27th - Who's that?

This morning, Abby was poring over one of her favorite books. It is a book of bible stories, but it is aimed at a much older child. The drawings are anything but cartoony, and the stories are not the cheery "Noah's ark" stories of our children's bible. The stories tell of people dying, famine, God's wrath, etc. But Abby won't listen to the stories anyway, so it doesn't really matter... Abby loves to look at the pictures in the book.

Today, she kept looking at drawings of a white-robed, long-haired, bearded adult Jesus healing the sick, talking to the masses, praying.

"Who's that?" she'd ask on each page.
"That's Jesus," I'd reply.
She wasn't convinced.

"No, Mommy. That's Daddy."

Maybe she has realized that like Jesus, Daddy performs his own miracles around here. Or maybe Daddy just needs to shave and get some more fashionable clothes.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ethan watched Toy Story today, for the millionth time. When the movie would get to a scene with Andy's evil neighbor boy, he would turn to me and ask, "who's that, Mom?"

"That's Sid," I would explain.
"Sin?"
"No, Sid."

At the end of the movie, he announced, "I don't like Sin!"

Thank goodness for that. That will make my life as his Mom much easier.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I guess we're doing something right. Our son wants to avoid sin and our daughter thinks I'm acting like Jesus... thought the theory about me needing to shave does sound more likely.

Jennifer said...

Oh great. Now Mark is going to get a complex. First, Abby identifies him as Jesus. Then, I leave a comment on his post about me. I believe we're creating a monster!