Thursday, November 23, 2006

November 23rd - Giving Thanks

Happy Turkey Day, Everyone!

Today is a day of being thankful for all that we have. We are so blessed to have what we do.

I am especially thankful for the gift of Mark. When we had been dating about 6 months, I was already certain that he was the one I wanted to marry. I knew we were right together because I liked myself so much better when I was with him. He has always inspired me to be my best. He has always been my calm rock when waves were threatening to tip me over. He encourages and challenges me, keeps me in check and gives me wings.

I am very proud of who Mark is becoming. He is undergoing some transformations within himself that I am overjoyed to witness. He has stepped out of his comfort zone so many times in the last year, challenging himself to try things that are outside of his box. He has taught a Faith Formation class at church (that he himself volunteered for without being asked). He has given a lengthy presentation at a software conference. He is pursuing an opportunity to start a business with a long-time friend and colleague. He is stepping up and saying "no!" at work when he needs to. He always presents himself as confident and intelligent, and gains respect. He is maintaining a good relationship with his brother, despite being 1500 apart. He is making a new mark on the world (or Mark on the world -heehee), and I'm so proud.

Mark and I have been together for 12 years this weekend, which is over a third of my life. I honestly don't know what I would be like without Mark since he is such an integral part of who I have become. So today, as on all days, I thank God for the gift of Mark in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy that you feel that way about my son! I also know, though, that he is just as blessed to have you in his life!God sure knew what He was doing:>

Jennifer said...

What a nice post! Too bad it makes me feel really old. In that amount of time, I could have raised a child to adolesence. I'm 8 years behind!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary,guys!

*hugs*

-Mike