Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 12th - Nine New Neckties, Nightshirt, Nose

Each week for preschool, Abby's 3-year-old class works on a different letter. The teacher has asked that we work with our children to choose pictures of items that start with that letter. The pictures are brought in each Monday and reviewed with the whole class.

I don't know if Abby's just not with it or what, but she has zero interest in this task. As far as I can tell, she hasn't connected that the letter A sounds like aaaah and starts the word Abby. But we still try each week to choose a picture or two that start with the letter.

This week's letter is N. I drew an N on the whiteboard and handed Abby a marker. She promptly drew a P (a straight line with a circle next to it). It might be the wrong letter, but at least she's learning something at school!

"What words start with nnnnn?" Crickets chirping. "What about nose?" More crickets. "Nighttime?" After a few minutes of prompting, Abby goes back to the whiteboard and starts to scribble, tuning me out.

So I've taken the task on myself. I wouldn't want Abby to be the only 3-year-old without "N" pictures at school tomorrow. You know how cruel kids can be.

Neander-
thal


















Nostril














Nudist














Nuclear Weapon














Nausea













I just hope Abby's teacher doesn't figure out we did her homework for her.

9 comments:

Becky K said...

If you send her with Nudist and Nausea, you'll probably get a phone call :)

Jennifer said...

I love you! You just made my day!

Trish said...

I love the pictures! I agree with Becky, although it would be funny!

Jennifer said...

BTW - I love your new layout!

Anonymous said...

Okay, it was working up to be a real cruddy day and then I read your blog. I laughed so hard. Thanks for bringing some humor to the day. BTW, I am sure the teachers would never suspect that you "might" be helping a little with Abby's homework. Love you!!

Kary said...

I always had an aversion to feet and I think I just picked up another: NOSTRILS! Scary!!

Anonymous said...

:D Oh My! Thanks for the laugh!

How about a picture of the atomic structure of nitrogen? She could be moved to the AP preschool class!

PS, do you let mark come near you with that thing? LOL great pic!

Trista said...

Haha Erik - I stole that picture off the internet! I wondered if anyone would think it was Mark... too funny!!

Anonymous said...

love to do the little girl in the ass