Saturday, September 30, 2006

Just Call Me TAFKAM*

Today is the 167th** consecutive day of rain. The sky is dreary, the air is humid, the cold weather blues are starting to sink in.

Mark is at work. On a Saturday. Yuck. And I'm home with two small children who would much rather be outside. What to do??

Haircuts, I tell you, haircuts. While they watched "Kiki's Delivery Service" from NetFlix, I plunked them onto the kitchen island and performed my magic.

The boy who's head was starting to resemble Don King's was transformed into a nicely groomed little man. And the girl who's bangs were obstructing her view and causing her to trip over things now has her cute little bob back.

Their hair is now a work of art.

*The Artist Formerly Known as Mommy
**OK, this may be a slight exaggeration

4 comments:

the quists said...

Well, I am impressed! I will NEVER try to cut my kids hair again! I have learned the hard way that I am a terrible hairdresser! I sure do miss you all, and seeing my sweet niece and nephew... give them hugs from us ok? Love you!

Jennifer said...

Too darn cute, TAFKAM!

Anonymous said...

The cuts are darling -
Love, Gammers

Anonymous said...

Trista,
They look really cute, good job, you will have to ask James about my haircutting abilities, It is very scary. see you soon;)
Love Aunt Mary