Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Vacation for Three of Us

Tomorrow morning, Abby and Ethan and I pack up the van and head south to visit my best friend Jennifer and her family (and my sister Bobbi's family who live just an hour-and-a-half away). It will be a great vacation for the kids and I - Jennifer's two kids and our two kids were all born within two years (actually, a few minutes shy of two years). Last summer we met half-way and the eight of us had a great vacation. This year, poor Mark gets to stay home and I get to have all the fun.

The purpose of the trip is actually to give Mark the house to himself for a week. Will he be soaking in the tub, enjoying a beer* while he watches The Matrix? Unfortunately, he will be working feverishly on the basement, his pet project. He and his dad have been finishing it for a few months, and hopefully this next week will give him enough time to get a big chunk of it done. Good luck, hon!

*who am I kidding... he'd be more likely to be sipping a girlie drink with an umbrella

No comments: