Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Eight is GREAT

Today, Mark and I celebrate eight years of marriage.

I remember every detail of our wedding day. Practicing dancing with my Dad in our pajamas. Getting my hair done with my bridesmaids, mom and nieces (who looked adorable - they were ages 5 to 9). Arriving at the church and hiding from Mark, who was already there (we didn't see each other until I walked down the aisle). Putting on the wedding dress that I loved. Walking down the aisle with both of my parents, as Mark had done just moments before with his parents.

I remember the way Mark looked that first time I saw him - a little tearful, and so handsome. We were starting our life together, an awesome responsibility, and yet we were both so calm. Mark especially, which was amazing. It was so perfect.

The wedding was beautiful, the weather was beautiful, the reception was a whirlwind of fun... I was on the dance floor all night. I was (and still am) so proud to be Mark's wife.

I still love you, Lovest, with all of my heart, even after eight years. And we made it past the 7-year mark without an itch! ;) I look forward to the rest of my life with you by my side.

I, Trista, take you, Mark, to be my friend, my love,
my faith companion,
my husband.
I promise to remain true and to support you
in good times and bad,
through struggles and successes.

I will love and honor you for the rest of my life.

4 comments:

Barb said...

awwwww....i'm getting teary. happy anniversary!

Jennifer said...

It was a beautiful day, wasn't it? It's hard to believe that it was 8 years ago already. I am so proud of you guys. It was such a great honor to be your MATRON of Honor. Have a wonderful anniversary. I'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Who's that young couple in the picture? That can't be us, could it? While I remember most of it like it was yesterday, it still seems like we've been married forever (in a good way!)

the quists said...

I love you guys!!! Happy Anniversary!