Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Home at Last

Recap: Ethan has a bad case of croup, which brought us into the hospital on Sunday and again last night. He stayed overnight for further observation.

We were released from the hospital at around 1:30 this afternoon. Ethan had a second breathing treatment last night at around 11:00, and that one made a huge difference in his wheezing. He slept on-and-off for about 5 hours through the night (mostly on top of Mark; we both spent the night at the hospital). This morning, he received another breathing treatment which helped a little bit more. After observing him all morning, they finally decided he could go home.

He's still coughing a lot, but that is croup for you. And there's not a whole lot to do about it - just manage the symptoms. He'll be much better in a couple of days, I'm sure.

Here is a video from yesterday - just listen to his nasty cough!


Video Hosting - Upload Video - Photo Sharing

3 comments:

the quists said...

oh, my poor little punkin! I am glad to hear he is home, but my goodness, I hope he gets over that soon! We love you!!!

Barb said...

oh! hope your kiddo recovers soon.

Jennifer said...

I have been praying like crazy for the Ethanator! I know that you guys must be exhausted, too. We love you all and are sending healthy vibes up to the northern regions.