Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Variety is the Spice of Life

Sometimes I surprise even myself.

I have done something this week which I never imaged I would do. I agreed to perform in the Variety Show at our church. Instead of doing something I'm actually comfortable with (singing), I will be - gasp - dancing! I have NO previous dance experience (with the exception of the occasional wedding and boogying down in the shower).

A few of us moms will be performing a musical number to Shania Twain's "Man, I Feel Like A Woman." But in fact, I feel more like an entire herd of clumsy elephants, embodied in one thirty-something year old body. I went to my first practice on Monday, and although I picked up the steps pretty quickly, I discovered just how out of shape I really am. My legs are SORE today. I have been practicing on my own at home, since the song is very fast and we're doing a lot of steps. I'm getting it, but no one will be calling me Grace Kelly. Luckily, there will be alcohol served at the performances and my lack of coordination might look OK through beer goggles. I can't believe I'm doing this...

The shows are March 24th and 25th. Wish me luck! I'm definitely going out on a very thin and fragile limb on this one!

6 comments:

the quists said...

Wow! I wish I could be there to cheer you on! I am proud of you!!

Grace said...

Okay, I want details as they approach. If I'm not busy that night, I want to see this! :)

Barb said...

yeehah, Trista! get this on video!

Jennifer said...

I am really proud of you! Hopefully someone can tape this so I can get some entertainment down here. :)

Tracy said...

You Go, Girl! Trying new stuff (especially stuff you're slightly fearful of) is such a great way to open all kinds of windows in your life.

By the way...will "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" be on your list of seven songs you're enjoying right now? (It's a musical meme I tagged you on today...go see it at writingtracy.blogspot.com) Have fun with it!

CJ said...

Oh, you couldn't do worse than me! I have ZERO rhythm! Best of luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes!