Friday, February 17, 2006

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery. I Guess.

The words of Mark and Trista coming out of Abby's mouth:

[After peeing in her Buzz Lightyear Pull-Ups]: {low growl of frustration}... oh, man! (pronounced may-yon)

[To her stuffed bear that she has seated at the table]: Careful, bear! Get hurt!

[To her brother who is touching anything of "hers"]: No, Ethan. Don't touch. That naughty.

[To her mom who is showing how to use the toilet]: Good job, mommy! Yay!

[To Ethan, who isn't having success on the toilet]: Good try, buddy!

[To Ethan, who is currently taking a turn with a toy while the microwave timer counts down until Abby's turn]: Beep, beep, beep, then Abby's turn!

And today's show stopper...
[To her dolly, who she has placed in the time-out spot, spoken with a very solemn look on her face]: Stay there. Don't move. [After some amount of time she takes dolly out of time-out, and her face beams] C'mon, dolly! Let's play blocks!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Abby is such a big girl! I can't wait until July when I can have a good conversation with her. Just wait until her imagination kicks in. I love to listen to Emma's stories about her adventures with Kelsey.

Isn't it funny how you see yourself when your kids discipline their dolls? I didn't know that I was saying "No, Maam!" a lot until Emma starting sayning that to her dolls. Allison has started to say "not ni" (not nice). Emma always says, "Not nice, Allison!" whenever Allison does anything she deems inappropriate. Last night Emma was getting sassy with me. Before I could say anything, Allison said, "Not ni!" I died laughing. Emma is starting to learn what paybacks are. :)

the quists said...

That's hilarious! I love it! It always cracks me up when I watch Lana play...in the car yesterday we heard her saying "tickle tickle tickle...ahhhh no tickle" so I looked and one hand was tickling the other one. Last week (again in the car) one hand was yelling at the other one for being on the wrong leg. She talks to her food and dollies and pretty much anything, I love it!