Friday, March 24, 2006

Digging My Way Out

I am holding out hope that I am at the end of my seriously bad month. I am trying hard to improve my attitude and get back to "happy." I finally am starting to see the sun through the clouds (both figuratively and literally - our weather is getting "springy-er".)

Yesterday, I found out that our van is considered "totalled." Apparently, $15,000 in damage (yikes!) is too much to repair. We find out the van's exact value next week, and then we can close out the existing auto loan and start over. Back to the drawing board... I guess we'll start with Toyota and see what kind of deal they can give us (hmm. 2 vans in less than a year. cha-ching!) Our loaner car has to be returned today (it's only a benefit to us as long as our van is being worked on, and since the van is totalled, bye bye loaner). I guess we'll be living as a one-car household for awhile.

Last night was the dress rehearsal for the Variety Show. It was fun. The 8 of us moms are definitely the youngest people in the show. I think the average age must be around 65. There are some funny acts in the show, especially the last act of the night which I will not reveal for those who will be seeing it. I think we're one of the few "serious" acts, but we don't feel very serious at all! We've had a good time together. Oh, and we were the "lushes" of the dress rehearsal - we all drank beer (or in my case, a wine cooler) to get ready for the performance. We were definitely loosened up!

All-in-all, things are looking up around these parts.

No comments: