Saturday, March 11, 2006

100 Things About Me

I've seen this on other blogs, and found it interesting to read. So here are the first 50 of "100 Things About Me."

1. I love cheese. I could eat it for every meal. My cholesterol is borderline, and I'm pretty certain cheese is the culprit.
2. I've only moved 5 times in my life, and all of them in the last 10 years.
3. My current buzz-words are "sweet" and "awesome." I can't believe I have gone back to 1987.
4. I have a birthmark on my butt. It's a raspberry mark, but it's faded to a light brown now (I think).
5. I love to sing. Loudly. If I want to make myself happy, I play Martina McBride's "So Magical" very very very loudly in the car or at home and sing my lungs out.
6. I hate exercise for the sake of exercise.
7. I have never really been on a diet. I did make lifestyle changes once that resulted in 15 pounds shed.
8. I need to make lifestyle changes now.
9. I have pretty high self esteem. I don't lack confidence most of the time.
10. I won't poop in public bathrooms, unless it's a real emergency.
11. I didn't have very close relationships with my grandparents before they passed away.
12. I want to create a different reality for my kids and their grandparents.
13. I had a boss once that said, "thank you for asking" when I would ask about his family. I loved the politeness of that, and I try to do the same.
14. I love to keep in touch with friends and family.
15. I'm terrible about keeping in touch with friends and family.
16. My favorite book of all time is "Of Mice and Men."
17. My hair and nails grow very quickly.
18. I am ashamed that I have so much frustration about Abby's behavior. She and I are like oil and water sometimes. It's hard for me to be the bigger person.
19. I think I have significant hearing loss in my right ear as a result of several ear infections I have had in the last 2 years. I am afraid to have it tested in case it's true.
20. I consider myself the luckiest wife alive to be married to Mark. He is an incredibly giving and supportive husband, and a very involved dad.
21. I become surly with Mark when we have too much time together. I need space.
22. I take a bath almost every night. I take a shower about every other day, as the kids' schedule allows.
23. I don't wear makeup. I haven't worn makeup day-to-day since college. I don't miss it.
24. When I was about 10, I had a short haircut. An older man mistook me for a boy when my dad was filling up the car at a gas station.
25. I love that Ethan prefers me to everyone else. It makes me feel good.
26. I am in the midst of a mini-depression. I haven't been very happy lately, and I can't figure out why.
27. The terrible two's suck.
28. The terrific two's are amazing.
29. I am high strung. Right now, I am clenching my jaw because I can hear one of the dogs walking across [scratching] the hardwood floor downstairs and it's driving me crazy.
30. I once started listening to a classic rock radio station to impress a guy. It didn't work. And I hate classic rock.
31. I once started listening to alternative music to impress a guy. We got married. And I like alternative music.
32. Often, I sleep in the clothes I wore that day. I don't want to get another outfit dirty.
33. The things that drive me crazy about my mom are often the things that drive me crazy about me.
34. I love to eat breakfast foods, any time of the day.
35. I will eat cereal for dessert sometimes.
36. I have ordered oatmeal at restaurants. It makes Mark shake his head - he always tells me I could have had that at home for a fraction of the cost.
37. Sometimes I can't stop myself from laughing during a solemn part of Mass.
38. I want to take my kids camping, but I don't remember how to do anything camping-related.
39. I am an OK cook. I am an OK cleaner. I am not a very domestic wife and mother.
40. My kids have never eaten any homemade cookies baked by me.
41. I love Twizzlers strawberry licorice. I can eat a whole bag of it at the theater before the movie even starts.
42. I like fun and funky socks.
43. When I was in elementary school, I could read at a higher level than any other kid in my grade.
44. When I was in 7th grade, and trying to be different while everyone else was trying to blend in, several different girls (at least 3) threatened to beat me up or actually pushed me at school.
45. I survived it, and didn't become a shrinking violet because of it.
46. I think the kids of people my age are usually over-extended with activity. I think dinner together as a family should be a priority.
47. I make a point not to judge the parenting decisions of other moms.
48. I think moms should support each other. I know I need support.
49. I love warm weather, but not too hot. I have a 5 degree window of comfort (about 69 to 74 degrees is great).
50. My favorite type of pie is pumpkin.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Excellent! 32 is shared - with the expection of not having enough energy or forethought to find and put pajamas on. :)

Keeping in touch and being lousy at keeping in touch are on my list as well. Have Abby and Ethan even thought about looking for Valentines in the mailbox yet? I think not! :)

Emma and I clash all the time and she is probably the only person who can consistently get to my buttons and push them. I find myself yelling a lot and forget that she's just three. Do women become mothers so that they can finish growing up themselves? I feel that way sometimes.

I love this! I will try to do this myself. Have a wonderful weekend! I love you tons!

Anonymous said...

We will rectify #40 when I come this week for Grandma's service! Chocolate Chip or Peanut Butter? Your choice!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!! I'm so glad you posted it before we went on our weekend. I'll need to review again on Friday morning!! See you soon. Oh, Pickles, I can't wait. I know it's not an appropriate pharase for this entry, but I love it and had to use it.

Unknown said...

A portion of this post has been archived at the BlogBiting Archives.