Monday, December 05, 2005

Super Scrappers

This post is a little belated, but better late than never :)

A few months ago, I got the brilliant idea to organize a scrapbook weekend for my mom, sisters, nieces, best friend and myself. Since we are located in two different states, we would meet halfway between for a weekend of fun and scrappin'. I began to get excited about the idea, and after bouncing it off of everyone, started the process of research. I found a scrapbook store willing to do a weekend crop on the one weekend we all had available. I found a hotel nearby that was inexpensive. The plans were completed quickly, and then we had to wait until November 11th to go. I looked forward to the weekend for a few months!

There were nine of us who attended the weekend: Me, my mom, my sister-in-law Tracy, my sister Becky, my niece Breanna, my niece Courtney, my sister Bobbi, my niece Kelsey and my best friend Jennifer. We had FUN! We cropped Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. I completed 15 pages, which is less than my usual for a crop weekend. But I had so much fun gabbing and seeing everyone, I didn't care. We played games in the hotel at night (with a few wine coolers and some Bailey's Irish Cream to make it interesting). We went out for meals together. And we each completed a similar page for our albums, called the "diamond page." It was a blast! Several people asked if we were going to make it an annual retreat. I think we all enjoyed ourselves on our "girls weekend away."

Here I am, pondering a page on my sweet Abby. Notice how messy my area is - I am always losing things in my piles of junk!
These are the 9 finished "diamond pages" - aren't they beautiful? It was so neat to see everyone take the same idea and make it their own.
The busy scrappers in their 11th hour.
Rear: Becky, Breanna, Jennifer, Tracy, Trista, Boots
Front: Courtney, Kelsey, Bobbi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a very fun-filled weekend. I bet you can't wait until Abby is old enough to join you!!

Jennifer said...

I forgot to tell you that Meridith, Donielle and my mom would be interested in attending if we do this again! I do hope that we do this every year. It will be fun to watch us grow in the craft along the way. Thank you so much for putting this together for us! You're the best!