Thursday, December 08, 2005

A little slice of heaven

Thursday morning, 7:30. Grab the kids and tromp downstairs. Time for breakfast! Eat up - we've got to go! Get dressed, and put your coats on. Kiss Daddy goodbye. Climb into the van. Buckle up, we're off to church!

Drive to church. Notice every schoolbus along the way! Pull into the lot - everyone out - yes you can walk, Abby. Trot to the nursery. Your big tears tell me you don't want me to go, Ethan. You'll have fun! Don't worry! You love to play with the other kids.

Who's working the babysitting co-op today? Natalie and Sarah! My week isn't until January. Until then, no kids from 9 to noon Thursdays. See you later, kids! I love you!

Hop into the van, a little lighter. Stop at the coffee shop - two grande carmel cafe's, please. Pop into the post office; 5 books of stamps will be fine. Pull into the garage with a smile on my face.

Give Mark his coffee and a kiss. Time to get to work! Clean the bathrooms; toilets, sinks, tubs, showers. Listen to Mark's Big Bad VooDoo Daddy CD while I work, keeps me light on my toes. Switch laundry loads. Start the dusting downstairs. A little Natalie Cole Christmas CD will do the trick. Uh, oh - too many toys in the toy room with the Christmas tree in there! Time to move some to the basement. Rearrange the legos, dollies, blocks, stuffed animals. Fun fun fun!

Oh no - it's been 2 hours! Where has the time gone? Kick it into high gear. Switch laundry loads. Get out the vacuum. Move out of the way, Maggie! How much fur can you dogs grow, exactly? Unbelievable. Empty the vacuum canister for the 8th time - all done!

Time for a quick shower. Ahh. It feels good to be clean. Sure, I'd like to go out for lunch, honey. We need to get going - kids need to be picked up. Drive back to church. Back to the nursery. Mommy - Up!!! Of course I'll pick you up Ethan - I missed you too! Let's get coats on, we're going to a restaurant. Today's a special day.

{Smile}. I love Thursdays.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Only you could make laundry and cleaning bathrooms sound like heaven! :)

That's nice that St. MM has that available. It puts the nursery to use outside of Sundays and it gives moms an opportunity to get things done without their babies underfoot.

I'll be thinking of you next Thursday morning! :)