Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The 101st Thing About Me

In my previous posts about my"100 Things," I neglected to mention an interesting fact.

101. I have never broken a bone.

Apparently, this fact is no longer true. The Med Center called today to inform me that there was indeed a fracture that appeared on the x-ray, a break to my distal radius, near the wrist. It is a broken arm bone and not the tiny hand bone that the "good doctor" feared. I guess it takes three days to diagnose such a complicated fracture {insert oodles of sarcasm here}.

I have an appt with my doctor Friday afternoon. It may get moved up, I'm not sure yet. I sit in fear of weeks of limited mobility with my arm in a cast, while my two angels take over the house (bwahahahahaha). Help!

The bright side: I have learned something about myself this week. I can type darn fast with one hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trista,

In your honor I am typing this with one hand. The shifting is kinda tough, but I can see how you will get fast fast!

Sorry to hear about your 'Series of Unfortunate Events'! (I just hope your house doesn't burn down).

Take a picture of Abby and Ethan signing your cast,

Bobbi

Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that all your troubles started with the dang "100 Things" post? I suggest that you never speak of it again.

I went looking for a get well card with a distal radius fracture theme, but they were sold out. So may your arm heal quickly and painlessly. And don't worry about keeping the kids in line--your cast will turn that arm into a nice solid, hefty club. You can bet they'll behave when mom starts swinging her deadly limb!