Sunday, April 09, 2006

Welcome to my Cast Party

The prognosis for my broken wrist: 4-1/2 weeks in a "short cast." The fracture is not displaced, so it should be an easy heal. Thank goodness! I can't pick anything up with my left arm (like kids, for instance) but I now have use of my thumb again, which has made a huge difference. Try putting socks and shoes on with one hand --- it poses quite the challenge.

My parents and Mark's parents have been incredibly helpful this past week. My mom spent three days helping me manage the kids, making dinner for us, and watching the kids with my dad while I went to get my cast on. Mark's parents spent all day yesterday helping me because Mark was out of town. I was able to nap for 5 hours! I didn't know I had it in me. I really appreciate all of their help. Of course, my biggest aide has been Mark who has taken over all the household duties without a complaint. He even washes my hair in the tub. What a guy. :)

The magical cast removal date is May 11th, which is easy to remember for me because it is my sister Becky and her husband Eric's 21st wedding anniversary. If you would like to virtually sign my cast, please leave a comment. You can bet the events from my "springtime from hell" will make it into my scrapbook, as will any comments you leave. A girls' gotta scrapbook, you know!! ;)






3 comments:

the quists said...

Well, I've never signed a cast before, so I am not exactly sure what people normally write...

"here's hoping that love and happy thoughts heal broken arms fast~ we all love you!!! the Quists"

CJ said...

Hey girl, you're stylin now!

Jennifer said...

I knew someday I would be asked for my autograph! Love you! Jenn