Sunday, January 22, 2006

Forever A Family

Yesterday, January 21st, we celebrated Ethan's Forever Family Day. This is the anniversary of Ethan's official adoption hearing in court, when he legally became our son forever.

Ethan was our son at birth, in our minds. But we like to celebrate Forever Family Day to remind the kids that "we're sooooo glad you're part of this family!"

We love you to the moon and back, Ethan Daniel.


On a slightly related note, we met with our social worker today to finish up our Home Study document. Of course, the meeting went just fine. We need to turn in the last couple of recommendation letters from "my Jennifers", and then the document will be written and we will be approved to adopt another child. We're almost ready to wait!

4 comments:

the quists said...

I am so happy...you have such a beautiful family, brought together by God and held by love! Happy forever family day Ethy!!

(Oh, I love that book too)

Jennifer said...

I can't believe how handsome my godson is! I can't wait to give him a hug and a kiss in August! I wrote him a letter Saturday in honor of his big day. I'll be sending that with the recommendation letter. Just let me know how you want those sent.

I love you guys!

Jennifer

Gwen said...

Hi,

I found your blog via Kim's blog. I'm also an adoptive mother to 3 beautiful children! After reading your response to her I felt compelled to check out your blog. Happy forver family day to Ethan and family! What a precious family you have! Good luck on your journey to your new child!

Anonymous said...

Go, little Ethan man! Such a sweet and happy little guy on his special day. Wish I could take him to the park, but I'm 700 odd miles away and it's winter! But it looks like we'll be up sooner than we originally thought. :-)