Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Call to Healthy Competition Amongst my Readership

In his wisdom, my husband has implied that we should have a little pool to see who can guess the date that Abby and Ethan will be potty trained (diaper-free during day-time only). [See entry from 1/11/2005]

I say, a little healthy competition among adults is OK, too!

To be fair, I should provide all the details.
Ethan is 19.5 months old. He has pooped in the potty a few times since 3 months ago, but the last time he did he was afraid of his poop and ran away. He readily SITS on the potty, but pees successfully 2 or 3 times a day right now. Abby is 28.5 months old. She pees 4 or 5 times a day on the potty (soiling her daytime diaper 2 times or so). She just started pooping in the potty this last week, but has done so twice and is REALLY excited about it. Super High Fives!

So, click here or go to the link at the bottom of this entry that says 1 Comments (the "1" might be a different number). Type your comment in the box, including the date that you think BOTH Abby and Ethan will be diaper-free all DAY long (it's hard to predict how long the nighttime diapers will last). Click on an identity (if you are not a registered user, just click"other" and put in a name that I can recognize you by - NO LAST NAMES PLEASE). Finally, type the wavy letters you see into the Word Verification Box, and click Publish Your Comment.

This should be fun. Unlike my last call for people to comment, I hope this will be more successful (it will also let me see how many people actually read my blog!) I will give a prize to the best guesser, so really think hard about this :)

9 comments:

Wraiths said...

four more days for Abby and three more days after that for Ethan.

Anonymous said...

I think it'll be a few months before Ethan is really ready for this... So I'll vote for May 24th.

the quists said...

That is so great that they are both excited to go...yet another reason it would be nice to be there! Lana isn't so thrilled most of the time. :( My guess is Abby will be in one week, and Ethan will bein 3 weeks. (I hope I am right, I wanna win a prize!) We love you!!!!

Jennifer said...

February 14 is my guess - what a nice Valentine's Day present for you!

Dee said...

Here is my guess:

Abby 2/1
Ethan 4/15

Anonymous said...

I think that Abby will be successful on her daddy's birthday-Feb. 24-and Ethan will on mine-April 4:>

Anonymous said...

Well this is a difficult question. I suspect you would like a very optimistic answer but that is not going to be the case. I suspect you will be seeing success in this area by the end of summer,,,lets just say August 31, 2006. What can I say I am a pessimist at times!

Anonymous said...

"In days oft spent with fecal fears
A soft brown curl illicits tears"
--Burt Hoyle

MARCH 5, 2006

crabbykate said...

oooohhh...hard to guess, isn't it? I'm throwing in March 1st for Abby and September 1st for Ethan (a bit far off, I know, but they take awhile I think!) I'm so curious about what the prize could be.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way!