Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nine is Fine

Nine years ago today, I woke up after a very restful night of sleep.

I walked out of my room to the "today's the day!" sign my Mom had made for me.

I danced in the living room with my Dad.

I got my hair done with my Mom, bridesmaids and nieces.

I arrived at the church in my Dad's button down shirt and a pair of shorts.

I got fully dressed in the priests' vestibule.

My friend Amy put a penny in my shoe for good luck.

I watched the bridesmaids and groomsmen walk to the front of a beautiful church with our loved ones there.

I watched Mark walk down the aisle between his parents, waiting for me with a small smile on his face and tears in his eyes.

I listened to the music change.

I took my parents' arms and walked slowly down that same aisle.

My heart was leaping and I could only focus on the man waiting for me.

My Dad stepped on my dress. :)

After what seemed like forever, I finally recited my promises to Mark.

After what seemed like forever again, I finally kissed my husband and walked back down that aisle.

It was simply amazing.

Happy Anniversary to the man who still looks at me with that small tearful smile, and still makes my heart leap.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! I love you guys and have so many beautiful memories from that day.

Becky K said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful story... I only hope my wedding day is just as beautifully, wonderful. Happy Anniversary.

Trish said...

Happy Anniversary!

Kary said...

I don't even know you and that gave me little goosebumps. It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship. I am sure it takes some work and some luck, but both of you seem to be doing a GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to the man you love. We wish you many Happy Anniversary's together. Love, Aunt Sue and Uncle Larry

Gwen said...

I know it's a bit late but Happy Anniversary anyway! What a beautiful story!

Anonymous said...

I KNEW my S I L 2 B would make a great hubby once he bacame my
S I L!! I was right
P. S. He made a Super-Dad too!