Monday, March 19, 2007

By Jove, I think she's got it!


I am *fairly certain* that we have reached nirvana. We are [dare I say it?] currently diaper free. We put diapers on the kids at bedtime, but they are usually dry in the morning. For the past week or so, there hasn't been a day-time accident (other than the oops-I-didn't-quite-make-it-to-the-potty-in-time dribbles that can happen occasionally). And that includes the infamous #2! Abby has been doing so well in that regard that she earned herself a pair of ballerina slippers that I have been tempting her with for a month now. After lots of encouragement, she finally filled up her marble jar for going poop on the potty, and she got her prize [which I bought at the Target Dollar Spot - man, that spot sucks me in every time]. Now, Abby acts as if the potty is no biggie. It happened just like everyone said it would - she potty-trained precisely when she decided to, no earlier and no later.

Score one for free will, score zero for parental control. ;)

2 comments:

Kary said...

We are STILL waiting for that to happen. We have tempted and bribed all we can, but know it is up to him. He'll be 4 in June!! I think I'll do what you did and get the toy and have it in the house to tempt him. Maybe, just maybe...

Becky K said...

It was hard to do, but we had to just back off Nate and quit pressuring him. Once we stopped making it a big deal, he decided to use the potty. He's a stubborn little man, and will dig his heels in over the oddest things that we still need to use that approach for!

Congrats to Miss Abby, her slippers are lovely! (I love the Target Dollar stuff!)