Thursday, June 29, 2006

What's Up With That?

Here are just a few things I am wondering about. If I'm inspired, this may become a regular feature of this blog. Feel free to steal the idea, if you like. These are things that make me ask, what's up with that?

1. Cars and trucks that have bulletholes painted on them. Are the people that own them trying to appear dangerous? Are we to assume there is a person in the trunk, shooting to get out? WUWT?
2. The children's TV show Booh Bah. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. Weird alien-like creatures bumping into each other or dancing around. And the music... WUWT?
3. Girls (and especially women) who wear shorts or pants with words printed across the butt. Do you really want someone reading your behind? Just like a bumper sticker on an automobile, any messages printed on your "bumper" won't inspire, so spare us from checking you out unintentionally.
4. People who never call their spouse or children by name in conversation. "My husband went out with the guys the other night..." or "My son is so funny!" If I've known you more than five minutes, please give me the courtesy of sharing the name of your loved ones, OK? I'm really brighter than I look - I can keep everyone's name straight.
5. Controversial bumper stickers. Do you really think anyone is going to "see the light" by reading your bumper sticker? I saw one the other day that said "I [heart] sober drivers." Do you think the drunk drivers are going to read that and go, "Huh. I never thought about the fact that people love sober drivers. I'm reformed!" WUWT?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Weak attempt to pretend their life is exciting. The owners of these cars & trucks are the kind of people who take Da Vinci Code tours in France.

2. A panel of 8 over-paid psychologists prove they can make any child stare at the TV for 30 mins. The result is pure stimulation & no substance.

3. More gaudy gangsta culture trickles down to the suburbs!

4. But my wife's Dutch name is too hard to pronounce.

5. You mean my plan of giving everyone in Israel an "I [heart] Palestinians" bumper sticker & giving everyone in Palestine an "I [heart] Israelis" bumper sticker won't solve anything?

Anonymous said...

we always read the blog when we can and enjoy the pictures but as you know we are too old fashion to allow our comments to be viewed by strangers...we love ya M&DVV

Trish said...

I totally agree with you ... but it takes all kinds I suppose.