Wednesday, April 02, 2008

And let the talking begin

Ethan has a bad cold. Runny nose, coughing his guts out, draining ear (thank goodness there is one tube still in his ear).

Today, Mark brought Abby to school while Ethan and I chilled at home. Watched TV. Lounged. Ethan was completely silent ... until the cough medicine kicked in. And then he began a 30 minute monologue, that included this little tidbit.

[Ethan: Gazing at his Superhero underwear] "Mom, my favorite color is green. I really like to be Spiderman, but I want to be the green guy instead. What's his name?"
[Mom]: The Incredible Hulk
[Ethan]: The Credible Hawk?
[Mom]: The INcredible HULK.
[Ethan]: Incredible Hawk. I will be 'Credible Hawk and you can be Spiderman.
[Ethan]: I am wearing a Spiderman shirt, and you are wearing a green shirt! Oh no, Mom!
[Mom]: Let's pretend we're wearing each other's shirts. Good idea, huh?
[Ethan]: But your shirt has sparkles. 'Credible Hawk doesn't have sparkles. You can pretend you're wearing my shirt, and I'll pretend I'm wearing a green suit. That's a better idea.
[Ethan]: Credible Hawk is really cool, Mom. I'm really cool too.

3 comments:

Steve Philp said...

Ah, drugs!

You must have been biting your lip to stifle the laughter, 'cause I know I would have been.

the quists said...

That is AWESOME! I love him, I love the funny things kids say :) Thanks for sharing!!! Oh, and I hope he feels better soon!

Unknown said...

He is my godson! We share the love of green. Just don't tell him what I did to my brother's Credible Hawk punching bag back in the early 80s...