Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Bye bye, cheese

You know my cheese cooking challenge? I'm going to have to give it up.

I have been feeling really, really tired this past winter. More so than usual, although I always feel run down when winter comes. I have had my thyroid checked in hopes that there might be an explanation. But everything is normal.

I have figured it must be extra weight I am carrying, paired with lack of exercise. All of it only exacerbated by a less-than-ideal diet. So, Weight Watchers seemed the way go to.

I joined Weight Watchers last Thursday. And honestly, I don't feel deprived of food at all. I feel great! And I am now very conscious of eating when I'm actually hungry for food instead of just bored.

If you don't know, the "flex plan" of WW is based on a point system. I have so many "points" to spend each day on food, plus additional discretionary points to use throughout the week. So, I have been heavily researching what foods are worth what point values to see what foods I am willing to "save up" points for and which can be let go. In my research, I discovered that my normal Steak 'N' Shake meal costs almost 3 days worth of points - - - all in one meal! (64 points, for those WW fans!). Bye bye, Steak'N'Shake.

It's been really good, and I'm really confident I can lose weight on this plan. I'm excited! I'm really blessed, too, because Mark is doing it with me, which helps me out so much. There is no temptation to eat a giant piece of cake if Mark isn't eating one in front of me. I can hardly wait to weigh in tomorrow!

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh...I did the WW plan a couple of years ago and lost 20 pounds before letting it go and gaining it all back plus some! This really gives me incentive to get back on! I should probably do it before summer hits. That way I'll be used to it and it won't be so hard when the kids are eating something yummy in front of me. Oh and as a sidenote when I lost the 20 pounds my hubby was doing it with me as well. I don't do as well when I'm doing it by myself!

Good luck and way to go!

Steve Philp said...

I can't think of anything in the world that would make me give up Steak N' Shake! I'm willing to haul around the extra 10 lbs.

Headed there tonight, as a matter of fact. Frisco Melt dinner, fries for both sides, Strawberry shake and a Diet Coke. YUM!

Sorry... that was probably mean. :)

Kary said...

I love WW! I need to figure out how I can work the plan into my very hectic life. I was on it before I got pregnant and lost 23 pounds in 10 weeks. I loved it!

That is wonderful of Mark to do it with you--although it doesn't look like he needs to thin down at all!

Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work. I guess we'll have to give up our cheese and wine fest. Oh wel....lots of luck!!

Jennifer said...

Yeah! Although I wish that no one needed WW, I'm glad you're with me.