Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cheese-a-saurus Trista: Recipe 1


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

I made my first exotic cheese recipe this week (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, read here). I made a macaroni and cheese recipe that I stole from a hospital magazine. But instead of using Gruyere cheese (which apparently my grocery store does not carry), I substituted Jarlsberg cheese. The recipe also calls for cheddar cheese.

I have another mac and cheese recipe from my Mom that I like. But that recipe only calls for cheddar cheese (I use extra sharp), and it thickens quite a bit. The new mac and cheese was definitely creamier tasting, lighter, and saucier. It was a hit for all four of us! Ethan and Abby gave it two thumbs up.

I will keep this recipe as an alternative to my tried and true macaroni and cheese. If you would like the recipe, please e-mail and I will get it to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked the recipe. You hate to put the time and money into something different and have those you love wrinkle their noses at it. The kids look like they enjoyed every bite. Love ya, Aunt Sue

Anonymous said...

I'd sure love a copy of the alternative mac and cheese recipe!
The word "creamy" was what got me!
Does it have the yummy breadcrumb
topping too????