Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Blanket is Crooked

In the recent past, Ethan has become the king of delaying bedtime. And he's been waking in the middle of the night a lot lately. He gets very creative with his list of excuses. It's driving us batty.

So far tonight, we've heard:
  • I want water
  • I need to go potty
  • There's a monster in my room
  • My p3nis hurts
  • My shirt is scratchy
  • My ear has water in it (an excuse from last night that got him an extra few minutes)
  • My tummy hurts
  • I can't find a page in my book (we didn't actually put him to bed with any books)
and my personal favorite,
  • My blanket is crooked
Calgon, take me away.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, delay tactics. So far, Emma is the master in our house. Her list includes most of Ethan's, plus: my [choose random body part] hurts, I want snacks, I need my [insert random doll or stuffed animal], "I'm havin' hard sleepin'" (a hard time sleeping), let's read more books, I want a hug & kiss (for the millionth time), the [fitted] sheet is wrinkled (or is Elmo instead of Dora), I don't like these pajamas, I want mommy to put me to bed, I have to tell you somethin', what's that noise?

"Batty" is too mild of a term for what we have been driven!

Jennifer said...

The inmates are running the asylum!

Becky K said...

Just wait till you get the "I can't get to sleep" right after you tuck them in (as soon as the door shuts behind you). Or when he decided to use streetlights (or other available lights other than the too-noticable room light) to read by (Me, RJ, Nate). My personal favorite is the "But I'm not tired!" chant, genrally accompanied by huge yawns.

Good luck!

silverdragoncub said...

We are right there with you. Matthew used to do the "I want water", and I got so I had a cup sitting there for him, but with vacation & the holidays he's stopped doing that.

However, his new favorite thing is crying and screaming for up to 2 hours. It's usually "I neeeeeed you mommy" over and over again. That's a hard one ignore.

Anonymous said...

Okay, it has been 10 days and I am desperate for new news from you. Love, Aunt Sue