Monday, February 20, 2006

Things I Love Lately

I've been feeling down lately. I suppose it's largely because illness has been running rampant in our house, and recovering takes a long time. I'm also feeling cooped up and long for SUMMER and time outside. In times like these, it helps to focus on things that are making me happy.
  • Soaking in my giant tub with a good book (currently Nicholas Sparks' The Guardian)
  • Ashley Grutter singing "Never Ever After Ending" (listen here)
  • Ethan's super silly head bobble
  • My beautiful house, it's spaciousness and homey-ness
  • Sitting by our fireplace (even if it's just a gas log instead of real wood)
  • When Mark calls me "Hot Ta-mommy" (like hot tamale)
  • Scrapbooking - my creative outlet
  • Abby drawing "puppies" (her latest craze)
  • Reading blogs, especially those of people I care about (even those I haven't met in real life)
  • Writing in this blog - another creative outlet
  • Reading comments posted to this blog
  • Reminiscing about babies
  • Relishing the laughter of toddlers
  • Imagining the future of preschoolers
  • Eating Break 'n' Bake cookies fresh from the oven (dipped in milk, of course)
  • Watching House, Medium, American Idol, The Office, How I Met Your Mother and Survivor recorded from TV
  • Receiving a new Netflix DVD in the mail
  • Setting up dates with Mark (we have one this week!)
  • Sitting on the couch on Sundays for "coffee night" with Mark where we talk about all things non-kid related
  • Talking to Jennifer, Tracy and Jenny on the phone and catching up with our lives
  • Getting e-mail and non-junk snail mail
  • Playing hide-and-seek with my kids and hearing them call out "here I am!" as soon as I stop counting to start looking for them
Life is good.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Have you seen the UK version of The Office??? It's even better than the American version. And now Ricky Gervais' podcast is even more funny!!!!

the quists said...

I'm sorry you have been down lately... We really miss you guys, it is tough to be so far away. I think lately I have had to think of things I love and am thankful for a lot so I don't get down. I think that is why we have been outside a lot lately. Is it too cold for snowmen or sliding? Even getting out to the mall play area helps sometimes when you're feeling trapped inside huh? I think it is funny how they play hide and seek! Lana usually just stands in the middle of the living room and laughs when I turn around to find her, or she runs out from wherever she was (laughing of course) as soon as I start looking. I love toddlers...and I enjoyed looking through old scrapbooks with Lana yesterday and remembering when she was so little. You've got it right, we have a lot to be thankful for huh? I love you so much and I really miss talking to you and having the kids play. Give everyone hugs from all of us! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've been in a funk lately, as well. I think it is just the winter blues! I right there with you in the countdown to summer, baby!! Things have been crazy at work lately (I know you can feel my pain), so I haven't had time to catch up. I long for St. Patrick's Day weekend as much as I long for the summer! Can't wait to see you.....